My Photo
Name:
Location: Daintree, Queensland, Australia

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tuesday

Shani has just left for her school camp & is excited as. Looks like they should have good weather.
Well TC Kate fell apart within hours of my blog on friday. The only thing about this side of Oz is a low that will form central Queensland coast and move south over the next couple of days.Nothing to worry us ..

The highest tides of the year are yesterday and today, This causes some problems with the ferry as busses cant load for an hour or two, most cars get on, you need to drive through abot 150mm of water on the north side as the road is lower than the tide.. Here no problems, our logoon came up the highest we've seen just lapping the lawn. and the culvert on the road in had almost a foot of water over running up stream...

On sunday we went to the Daintree discovery center with a free pass from Jo's work. I was reluctant to go bloody tourists ect ect but it was well worth it and I am glad I dident miss out. They have a tower and arial walkways in the forest and its very informative and ezy to spend lots of time there.
Link : http://www.daintree-rec.com.au/
I'll drop a pic or two up later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home