the day after
Well what an interesting start to this week ... As the girls left for work and school yesterday I comented on an earth quake in the solomon islands that I was looking at on the USGS web site that was only 1/2 an hour old and looked like it was fairly big , they left and I went to get ready for a bit of work on the farm around the corner, just as I was about to leave Jo rang from work to say that a customer was raving about a Tsunami warning and had I seen it ? No ,, quick look at the BoM site ...Yes ,, Shani go's to a school that is only about 75 to 100m from the beach so our concern was her.
I doubt that a Tsunami would effect us on the river this far up stream.
So for the next 3 hrs it was constant phone calls from people wanting to know if I knew and what we were doing. The school evacuated and Jo was able to colect Shani and move to higher ground at the back of the Cafe she works at and await the all clear...They both got the rest of the day off and retruned home around 11:00 ...
On the weather front yesterday sore the return of a bit of rain and then it set in overnight to give us 130mm overnight .. No flooding but very wet again and its still showering today..
YTD 2019mm ... we have only had 4 days this wet season with 100mm or better very strange..
I doubt that a Tsunami would effect us on the river this far up stream.
So for the next 3 hrs it was constant phone calls from people wanting to know if I knew and what we were doing. The school evacuated and Jo was able to colect Shani and move to higher ground at the back of the Cafe she works at and await the all clear...They both got the rest of the day off and retruned home around 11:00 ...
On the weather front yesterday sore the return of a bit of rain and then it set in overnight to give us 130mm overnight .. No flooding but very wet again and its still showering today..
YTD 2019mm ... we have only had 4 days this wet season with 100mm or better very strange..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home