land slip
82mm up here thismorning however the creek is not over too far and the bus got through, However we are stuck on our side of the hill as there has been a land slide and the road is closed. I took shani out in the nissan and got as far as the top of the hill she still wanted to go to school so we had top jog down and around to the bus about 2km just made it with me calling the driver on our hand held radio he couldent hear properly but waited just a little bit just enough ... The council say they will get to it today but are very busy with other roads in the shire..
Some figures
Jan 904mm 29wet days
Feb 650mm 20 Wet days
Mar 1308.5mm 27 Wet days
Apr 198mm 4 Wet days
YTD 3060.5 80/94 wet days The forcast is for more rain and the monsoon to drop down again today and maybe get as far south as 20° south by wednesday arvo...
Still cleaning up from the floods of 3 weeks ago the place is like walking on pea soup. I've got a set of cattle yards to build and I cant weld in the rain or even put in any of the post s or pre made frames I've been building in the shed... I've got 15lts of paint here for downstairs but it wont dry with 98% humidity and all the new plumbing for the downstairs shower and bathroom is waiting to go in its just too wet to do very much at all, At least we still have a house and roof unlike some of the folk from inisfail where its still raining also ... Uploading photos is just not happening for me at the mo and I have been talking to telstra about ISDN and think that we will have that maybe next month so we could endup with 128k conection not high speed but better than the speeds we are getting at this stage .
Some figures
Jan 904mm 29wet days
Feb 650mm 20 Wet days
Mar 1308.5mm 27 Wet days
Apr 198mm 4 Wet days
YTD 3060.5 80/94 wet days The forcast is for more rain and the monsoon to drop down again today and maybe get as far south as 20° south by wednesday arvo...
Still cleaning up from the floods of 3 weeks ago the place is like walking on pea soup. I've got a set of cattle yards to build and I cant weld in the rain or even put in any of the post s or pre made frames I've been building in the shed... I've got 15lts of paint here for downstairs but it wont dry with 98% humidity and all the new plumbing for the downstairs shower and bathroom is waiting to go in its just too wet to do very much at all, At least we still have a house and roof unlike some of the folk from inisfail where its still raining also ... Uploading photos is just not happening for me at the mo and I have been talking to telstra about ISDN and think that we will have that maybe next month so we could endup with 128k conection not high speed but better than the speeds we are getting at this stage .

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home