My Photo
Name:
Location: Daintree, Queensland, Australia

Thursday, June 15, 2006

well things look like they might work on this old computer for a while , still have a few conflicts but am getting there slowly....

So after years and years of brewing my own beer some of witch has been very very good and some not so good I have been reading up on brewing, and found out some of the reasons as to my inconsistant brew.
aussiehomebrew is a GREAT site for all things home brew and after being a member for the last 2 years or so I have learnd heaps.

So one of the big issues of brewing is fermentation temp. Up here in the far north our water is warm all year round so getting your brew to a good temp to pitch your yeast is hard and then keeping it in the range of 17° to 21° is even harder. the other thing is to tri and keep it at a constant temp not goping up during the day and falling at night, So with this in mind I have built a fermentation cupboard from an old barfridge and a couple of sheets of form ply.. these pics can be seen on AHB site LINKY

Its been going great and I will keg my first temp controled brew this evening , it smels and tastes great so far ..
I am going to try and reuse the yeast cake from this first brew for another as well . I'm not useing the yeast that comes with the kits anymore as there are lots of better ones out there.

I have been building cattle yard next door for the last week or so and now that we have posts in I am getting into it , I will take pics today when I go over and do some welding ....

Its been shit weather here for the last week and no sign of a change befor next week , we are getting shitty little scuds every hour or 2 and gale force winds the last 2 days , they have dropped the gale warning today but its still a strong wind warning ...
Anyway cheers for now I should go and do a few hours work... Bloody gas hot water service shit it self last week so $800 later I have the new one in ... every time we get a few bucks together this place takes it away... mmm the cost of living in paradise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home