whale watching
Well the weather is finally starting to trun , so I went fishing on thursday . I only got a small Spannish Mackeral and a bait fish called a Wolf herring. However I meet up with one of the local comercial guys out he front and aranged to go out with him again on friday after I went to town. We meet in the river friday arvo and set the tow lines up and took off to set the nets for Cooktown Samolm , this was fairly uneventful with only about 30 fish caught. Around 01:30 we steamed back up the coast and out to Snapper Island so we could try our luck trolling again at dawn. The mackeral just havent got here yet we keep trying but so far there have only been about 4 caught for this season.. They must be coming soon .... friends rang Saturday morn and asked for a lift out to Snapper so I went and picked them up from the beach @ Cape Kimberly and dropped them on the beach . We had a nice day and in the arvo when it was time for them to go Jo & Shani got back from Cairns and I met them on the beach @ Cape Kimberly with our camping stuff so we could camp out on the Island last night.. It was a loverly night with a gentle breeze... This morning the sky was a bit overcast and the breeze seemed to be picking up a bit so we packed up camp and got ready to leave the island but decided to have another troll befor we left and WOW was it worth it .. We were just about to trun and head for the South and back to the beach when I looked back behind and saw a Humpback Whale breaching.. We truned back and pulled lines and cut the engine.. The Whale Tailed slapped and flipper waved and blew spray and cam towards up breaching and rolling in and out of the water , I had to start and move away a couple of times .. It was an amazing morning and so what if we dident catch any fish ... We watch this display for over 20mins ... We realy do live in an amazing part of the world ..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home