My Photo
Name:
Location: Daintree, Queensland, Australia

Thursday, December 14, 2006

blogging

well I can't belive its been so long since I blogged. I will try and be a bit more regular again now as our wet season is approching and I know a few of you are interested in how much water we get here .

In October I went down to Brizbane and out to Chinchilla and spent a week sortting out our stuff that we had in storage there for about 6 or so years. I then hired a truck and drove back up here with the bits a pieces we wanted and then retruned the truck to Brizbane 3800km in a week , then floow home again.

In November I went out to the Palmer river gold feilds around Maytown with a few mates and we camped on the river bank and had an extra long weekend. This is something that we do each year and is great fun. Blow up a few pigs and drink heaps of piss. We had thought about doing a bit of scratching for gold but it was hot so spent most of the time in the shade close to the esky. The Red claw and Cheribin were in good numbers again so it was a few good feeds of Palmer river Reef and Beef .. :)

And last weekend I went to Brizbane again this time for the QLD Aussie home brewer xmas case swap. This is a group of home brewers that are all on the internet and organise to meet and swap beers with each other. Wow what a great bunch of fellers. There is a bond of friendship that is hard to find these day anywhere else. Being form sofar away I had only meet a few of them in October when I stayed in with Pat and a couple of the guys came over to meet and share there beer.. SO meeting about 30 brewers was a great weekend and hugely helpfull for my brewing to come. A few pics from the event can befound here and on the pages befor .

Yesterday I did my 3rd all grain beer. However this was the first that I cracked the grain myself with a grain mill that I had sent out from the US. I will do another post about that soon with some pics of the brew stand I am building and the whole brewery setup and running. This one is an ale recipe that one of the brewers from the weekend made up over a few years and is a good session beer for those long hot arvos .. its bubbling away very well this morning . I was hopeinbg to do another batch today but have had lots of interuptions as Shani is home from school with some mystry virus thing and needs attention every 15mins ... So maybe later this arvo or tomorrow ..

Anyway not much else happening at this point I will get on to some pics soon as there is another Sunbird nesting in the kitchen and Dusty honey eaters nesting in the hybiscus just out the office window. Our curlews have a chick with them now and are running around every evening quite close to the house , its very hard to get pics of them as its always tylight when they trun up ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

G'day Ned, new post coming soon?

Sean.

www.brewerhood.com

9/1/07 20:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home