My Photo
Name:
Location: Daintree, Queensland, Australia

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

catch up time



Hi folks , its been a long time comming but I'll try a bit of a catch up..



The trip to Briz went well no problems with the ute and we all enjoyed out events greatly.. I was also able to go shopping for grains for brewing and with my brother in law we went over to a great brewers place to pick up my suplies and give Gavin a taste of some great beers .. ( I think Gav may well catch the bug)




Grain loaded up in Gavs car..








Ute loaded up for run home.



Shani has now graded again and is now a blue belt with her Karate..



Shani at grading.



Shani fitting her new Blue belt..


So last weekend 21/09/07 we packed up and went out to the Palmer river . Its not to far from here at around 230km by road , 90 of which is dirt and fairly rough. The 90km from the Mulligan Hyw into the camp generaly takes about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. and has a few great spots to stop and take in the huge vista that lays befor you.. , As the crow flys our camp on the North Palmer is only 117km from home (GPS plotted) and it is hard to belive just how differant the country is out there.. We had a bit of a fossic around but were unsucsessful in finding any gold on this trip but will be returning in the comming months.. We went out on the friday morning and set up camp.
Friends of ours were allready set up when we arived Friday arvo as they managed to go out a couple of days befor us. Vaughan and Charleen have 10 dogs about 6 of these are pig dogs and Vaughan did get one fair sized pig on sunday morning.




Camp under the trees on the North Palmer.



I took along my traveling keg set up , though this time I wrapped a layer of inuswool around the wheely bin and under it . I placed 2, 19lt kegs and my gas bottle in there and then filled it with ice that I had been making at home , about 25 ice cream containers worth. Well this set up worked out very well ,way better than I had thought and on Tuesday morning when it was time to pack up there was still ice around the kegs that would of got though to the next day ..




Keg set up in camp.
Enjoying a coldy after getting set up..

Its probly the first time tapped beer has ever been served on the Palmer, in its hay day there were pubs and shantys all over the hills and creeks but I doubt that they ever had draft beer.
I'll be back and add to this with lots more pictures in the comming days ..
This morning we had 23mm of rain the first in about a month, its welcome this time of the year as things have been drying out and we have been wartering the gardens..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home